Cocoa Tree Rehabilitation Pack (2nd Year Program)
Care for newly side grafted cocoa trees in their important second year of development prior to their first production.
As the new grafted "branch" develops it is important to maintain cocoa tree heath through good soil management and ongoing application of good agricultural practices. When the new graft starts producing cocoa pods the old tree trunk can be removed above the graft.
This pack is a one (1) year program and includes:
- Fertilizer mix to maintain soil macro nutrients
- Compost (5kg per tree)
- Manual hole digger for applying compost
- Pest management materials
- Support from a "Cocoa Carer."
- Choose your desired package to suit your budget
- When Cocoa Care receives your support funds they will be allocated to one of the farmers identified on the website who requires second year care for previously side grafted cocoa trees. To minimize overhead and logistics costs, a minimum of 250 trees will be treated at one time.
- You will be advised of the fund allocation via email.
- You can then monitor the progress of your sponsorship via the supporters access page on this web site.
If you would like to support a particular farmer listed on the "meet the farmers" page, please contact us via the contact page.
Note to corporate sponsors: if you would like marketing materials to promote your cocoa sustainability program please contact us at: email@example.com
Second year programs will be activated starting December 2013.
See more: Rehabilitate Cocoa Trees