Date of Birth: 1967
Family: Wife: Sumiati
Location: Lilirialu, Soppeng, Sulawesi Selatan
- Area: 1.0 ha in two plots. Both the 0.7 ha plot and 0.3 ha plot are on flat land with good soil.
- The cocoa is planted in a 3m x 3m pattern and was side grafted in 2010.
- There is coconut tree shade provided.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the biggest pest and disease issues.
- Very basic farm practices applied.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices required together with appropriate soil management.
- Total harvest per year = +/- 400 kg from this farm (est. 550kg/ha).
- Tenri and Sumiati hopes to double the output of their farm.
Photo of Tenri and Sumiati
- Tenri's farm was given to him by his parents and side grafted in 2010 working together with the local farmer group.
- Sumiati supports Tenri in the farm, particularly for harvesting,farm sanitation and post harvest processing.
Photo of Tenri in front of his house.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt. Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|