Date of Birth: 1961
Family: Wife: Hj. Rabasia and two children. Their son 23 yr old Rahman (b.1991) and their daughter 19 yr old Reski (b.1995) are both in high school.
Location: Tinco, Citta, South Sulawesi
- Area: 2.0 hectare in two locations.
- The main farm is 1 ha is on slopping land with fertile soil. The other farm, 1 hectare, is in similar condition as the main farm.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2008.
- Shade is provided with coconut, teak and banana trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Low levels of fertilizer are applied as funds become available.
- Only basic farm practices are applied which require improvement.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices and good soil management is needed on this farm.
- There are approximately 129 dead trees (16.93%) on the main farm which require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-300 kg per/ha.
Photo of Taming and his wife Rabasia.
- The cocoa farm was passed onto Taming from his parents. Taming side grafted some of his trees in 2008.
- Rabasia is active in the cocoa farm particular with farm sanitation, harvest and post harvest practices. Rabasia also manages the family home and all the finances.
- Taming and Rabasia's son also helps manage the family farm.
Photo of Taming & Rabasia's family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (129 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|