Date of Birth: 1973
Family: Wife; Ibu Salsia. Children; Lisna Susiana, 12 year old girl in primary school.
Location: Goarle, District: Marioriwawo.
- Area: 3 Hectare in two plots. 2.0 ha + 1.0 ha (1.0 ha is unplanted).
- Heavy pest & disease infestation- Cocoa Pod Border, VSD, Black Pod, trunk cancer and others.
- Very basic farm practices applied / limited to no shade trees.
- Cocoa trees are old, low productivity hybrids and many require replacing.
- Only very basic training.
- Needs tools and equipment.
- Total harvest per year = +/-200 kg /ha.
- Sumange hopes to achieve 4 ton total per year within the next 3 years.
Photo of Sumange and Salsia.
Photo of Sumange and Salsia with their daughter Lisna Susiana.
- The farm is family land passed down to Sumange.
- In 1999 Sumange and his father planted cocoa.
- Sumanges father has passed away leaving Sumange to take over the farm.
- Salsia very much helps in the farm performing Pruning, harvesting, drying and other farm related activities. In addition, Salsia takes care of the family home and their daughter.
- Sumange has the potential to be a successful cocoa farmer but requires training and some initial support to get him going.
Photo of Sumage and Salsias' family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall puning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Financial Mgt Training||Waiting|