Date of Birth: 1970
Family: Wife: Nur Amini and one son, Afit (3 months).
Location: Lilirialu, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 0.5 Hectare on flat land with good soil.
- The cocoa is 7 year old clonal cocoa planted in a 3M x 3M pattern.
- There is no specific shading.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Very basic farm practices applied.
- Limited to no shade trees.
- The farm requires consistent application of good agricultural practices and appropriate soil management.
- About 66 trees are dead and need replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-500 kg (1,000kg/ha).
- Sukardi hopes to achieve 1000 kg /yr (double production).
* Photo of Sukardi and his family
- Sukardi bought this cocoa farm and is very passionate about learning how to get the most from his farm.
- Nur Amini usually helps in the cocoa farm particularly with the harvesting, farm sanitation work and post harvest processing but at the moment is focused on taking care of the new baby.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In progress|
|Seedlings (66 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Nur Amini's Needs:|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|