Date of Birth: 1967
Family: Wife: Nurhati Talib. Sudirman and Nurhati Talib do not have children.
Location: Jampu, Liliriaja, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1 hectares in one location. The land is flat and has fertile soil.
- The farm is shaded with gliricidia, coconut and mango trees.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2008.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Low levels of fertilizer are applied as funds allow.
- Very basic farm management practices applied
- Needs consistent application of GAP and good soil management.
- There are 183 dead cocoa trees (20.20%) on this farm that require replacing and 31 trees which are not productive need rehabilitation by side grafting.
- Total harvest per year = +/-300 kg (est. 300 kg per/ha).
Photo of Sudirman and his wife Nurhati Talib.
- The farm belonged to Sudirman's parents who passed the farm onto him. Sudirman side grafted some of his trees in 2008.
- Nurhati Talib is active on the farm particularly with harvesting, post harvest processing and farm sanitation work. Nurhati Talib also manages all of the family finances.
Photo of Sudirman & Nurhati Talib's family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (183 +/-)||Waiting|
|Budwood (31 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Nurhati Talib's Needs:|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|