Date of Birth: 1946
Family: Wife: Imasse and three children. Two daughters, 30 yr old Ati (b.1984) and 25 yr old Inia (b.1989) and one son, 20 yr old Andi (b.1994). All three children have finished school.
Location: Tetti Kenrarae, Marioriiwawo, South Sulawesi
- Area: 3.5 hectares in two locations.
- The main farm is 1.5 ha is on slopping land with fertile soil. The 2 hectare farm is in similar condition as the main farm.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2008.
- The farm is shaded with gliricidia, coconut and banana trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Fertilizer is applied at very low levels due to limited understanding.
- Only basic farm practices are applied.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices and soil management is needed for optimum productivity.
- There are a small number of dead trees, 30 trees / 1.97%, on the main farm that require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-350 kg (est. 233 per/ha).
- With the application of GAP and appropriate soil management, this farm has the potential to produce over 2 ton per hectare.
Photo of Salama and his wife Imasse.
- Salama purchased the farm himself many years ago and he side grafted some of his trees (as funds allowed) in 2009 in an effort to increase productivity.
- Salama's eldest children help him manage the farm with all farming activities.
- Imasse focuses on caring for the family and managing the family home.
Photo of Salama & Imasse's house.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (30 +/-)||Waiting|