Date of Birth: 1961
Family: Wife: Marhumi and two children. Their 19 yr old daughter Fitri (b.1997) is attending primary / elementary school and their 5 yr old son Fadil (b.2009) is not yet in school.
Location: Lakibong, Citta, South Sulawesi
- Area: 0.5 hectares in one location. The land is flat with some wavy sections and has fertile soil.
- The farm is shaded with coconut, mango, banana and cashew trees.
- The cocoa is planted on a 2.5m x 2.5m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2010.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Very low levels of fertilizer are applied as funds become available.
- Only basic farm practices are applied which require improvement.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices and good soil management is needed on this farm.
- A small number of trees, 23 (6.7%) are dead and require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-200 kg (est. 400kg per/ha).
Photo of Sakur and his wife Marhumi.
- The cocoa farm was passed onto Sakur from his parents. Sakur side grafted some of his trees in 2010.
- Marhumi is active on the farm particularly with harvesting, post harvest processing and farm sanitation work. In addition, Marhumi manages the family home and takes care of the family finances.
Photo of Sakur & Marhumi's family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (23 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|