Farmer Nurdin A.
Date of Birth: 1968
Family: Wife: A. Ratnawati and three children. Their eldest child A. Rezky (20yrs) is a University student while her younger sister A.Tari (13 yrs) is in senior high school and brother A. M. Agung (12yrs) is in primary school.
Location:Lamuru, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 3 Hectare in two plots. 1 ha + 2 ha of flat land with good soil.
- Shade is provided with gliricidia trees.
- The cocoa is planted in a 3m x 3m pattern and 1 hectare was side grafted in 2009 while the other area was recently side grafted working together with the farmer group.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Very basic farm practices applied.
- Consistent application of GAP required together with soil management.
- There are approximately 110 dead trees that require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/- 900 kg /ha from the previously sidegrafted plot. (est. 900kg/ha).
- Nurdin and Ratnawati hope to achieve up to 2 tonne per ha in the future.
Photo of Nurdin and Ratnawati with their son Agung.
- The cocoa farm was passed to Nurdin from his father and both Nurdin and Ratnawati work together for all but the heaviest activities on the farm.
- Ratnawati's father Umar has a farm nearby and is the head of the local farmer group to with Nurdin is a member.
- Nurdin and Umar routinely work together with other members of the farmer group.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (110 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|