Date of Birth: 1982
Family: Mulyadi is not yet married
Location: Marioriwawo, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 0.85 hectare of slightly sloping land with less than ideal and somewhat stony soil.
- The cocoa is planted in a 3m x 3m pattern. 125 trees were side grafted in 2010.
- Shade is provided with both coconut and gliricidia trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and diseases issues.
- Very basic farm practices are applied and requires improvement.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices required together with appropriate soil management.
- There are 72 cocoa trees which are dead and require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-400 kg (est. 471 kg/ha).
- Mulyadi hopes to achieve 1.5 ton from his cocoa farm.
Mulyadi in his cocoa farm.
- Mulyadi was given the land by his father and continues to live in the family home.
- Mulyadi attempted to improve his productivity in 2010 when he side grafted 125 of his trees.
Photo of Mulyadi's family house.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (72 +/-)||Waiting|