Date of Birth: 1948
Family: Wife: Sinang. Their children are all married and living elsewhere.
Location: Lamuru, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1 ha of flat land with good soil.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3.5M x 3.5 M pattern and was side grafted in 2007.
- Shade is provided with gliricidia trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the biggest pest and disease issues.
- Very basic farm practices applied but Muing has not practiced pruning at all and does not understand the principles of good agricultural practices.
- Consistent application of GAP is required along with good soil management.
- There are about 151 dead trees that require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-900 kg /ha.
- Muing and Sinang hope to achieve 2 tonne /ha.
Photo of Muing and his wife Sinang.
- Muing and Sinang continue to work the farm passed on by Muing's father.
- The cocoa was side grafted in 2008 working together with the local farmer group but it has not been well maintained due to the low level of understanding of GAP.
- Sinang is active on the farm particularly with harvesting, sanitation and drying.
Photo of Muing and Sinang’s family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedling (151 +/-)||Need Sponsor|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|GAP Training - on farm||Waiting|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|