Farmer Muh Nasir
Date of Birth: 1967
Family: Wife: Hj. Juherah and one son, 33 yr old Abrar Mahyuddin (b.1981) who has already finished school.
Location: Lonrong, Liliriaja, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1.35 hectares in two locations.
- The main farm, 0.75 hectares has sloping land with fertile soil. The second farm, 0.6 hectares, is in a similar condition as the main farm.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 4m pattern and some of the cocoa trees were side grafted in 2009.
- Shade is provided by gliricidia and coconut trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Low levels of fertilizer are applied as funds become available.
- Basic farm practices applied. GAP training is required.
- Needs consistent application of good agricultural practices and good soil management.
- There are approximately 69 dead trees on the main farm which require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-300 kg (est. 400 kg per/ha).
Photo of Muh. Nasir and his wife Hj. Juherah.
- Muh. Nasir purchased the farm himself years many years ago and in an effort to increase productivity he side grafted his cocoa trees 5 years ago (2009).
- Hj. Juherah is involved with harvesting and post harvest processing, manages the family home and makes all financial arrangements.
Photo of Muh. Nasir & Hj. Juherah/s family home.
|Muh. Nasir's Needs:|
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (69 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Hj. Juherah's Needs:|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|