Farmer Muh Aris
Date of Birth: 1967
Family: Wife; Ibu Nurlaelah. Children; Ligil Mualif 8 year old boy in primary school (SD). Tun Nisa 1.5 year old girl not yet in school.
Location: Takalala, District: Marioriwawo
- Area: 1.3 Hectare in two separate locations. 0.5ha and 0.8ha
- Main pest and disease issues are: Cocoa Pod Border and Black Pod.
- Only basic farm practices applied, farm practices require improvement.
- Limited to no shade trees.
- Only basic training in cocoa farm management.
- Cocoa trees are old, low productivity hybrids and many require replacing.
- 300kg per year from the 0.5 ha farm (est. 600 kg/ha).
- Aris hopes to increase his production to 1.5 ton per hectare per year.
Photo of Muh Aris and his wife Nurlaelah
- Aris' father started growing corn, peanuts and other similar crops.
- Nurlaelah is very involved with all activities on the farm, including pruning, sanitation work, harvesting and post harvest processing.
- In 1997, Haris planted cocoa on his fathers land.
- In 2006 some trees were side grafted, however this failed due to low quality budwood.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Cocoa Carer Training||In Progress|
|Tall puning tool / pole||Completed|
|String for side grafting||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Oil and fuel for chainsaw||Completed|
|Advanced Tools||Need Sponsor|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Financial Mgt Training||Waiting|