Date of Birth: 1973
Family: Wife: Sriwahyuni and two children. Their 12 yr old daughter Rani Cahyan (b.2002) and their 8 yr old son Iksan Hidayat (b.2006) are both attending primary / elementary school.
Location: Lakibong, Citta, South Sulawesi
- Area: 2 hectares in two locations.
- The main farm is 1 hectare and has sloping land with fertile soil. The second 1 hectare farm is in similar condition.
- The farm is shaded with teak trees.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 4m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2010.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- The trees are given a limited amount of fertilizer as funds allow. Maswadi does seem to have a fair understanding of fertilizers.
- Basic farm practices are applied which needs improving.
Needs consistent application of GAP and good soil management.
- There are 180 dead trees on the main farm which need replacing along with 130 trees that are not productive and need side grafting rehabilitation.
- Total harvest per year = +/-400 kg per/ha.
Photo of Maswadi and his wife Sriwahyuni.
- The cocoa farm was passed onto Maswadi from his parents. Maswadi side grafted some of his trees in 2010.
- Sriwahyuni is active on the farm particularly with harvesting, post harvest processing (bean drying) and farm sanitation work. Sriwahyuni also manages the family home, takes care of their small children and manages all the family finances.
- Maswadi has the potential to be a successful cocoa farmer but requires training and some initial support to get him going.
Photo of Maswadi & Sriwahyuni's family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (180 +/-)||Waiting|
|Budwood (61 (+/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|