Date of Birth: 1971
Family: Wife: Nurdiana. Children: Alyragi, 1 year old boy.
Location: Liliriaja, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1.8 Hectare in two plots. 0.5 ha + 1.3 ha.
- The 0.5 ha main farm is on flat land with good soil, planted on a 3m x 3m pattern with side grafted clones around 6 years old.
- Urea and NPK fertilizer has been applied at low rates.
- The larger farm is run down and in need of rehabilitation.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and diseases issues.
- Very basic farm practices are applied and requires improvement.
- Needs consistent application of GAP and better soil management.
- There is limited shade on the farm.
- 37 of the trees on the smaller farm need replacing. 169 trees need replacing and approx 31 trees need rehabilitating on the larger farm.
- Total harvest per year = +/- 500 kg, mostly from the smaller farm (est 1,250 kg/ha)
- Kaswadi hopes to reach 1 ton in the future.
Photo of Kaswadi, Nurdiana and their son Alyragi.
- The cocoa farm was passed on by Kaswadi's mother
- Nurdiana helps in the farms, particularly at harvest and bean drying time, in addition to managing the family home and caring for their daughter.
Photo of Kaswadi and Nurdiana's house.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||in Progress|
|Seedlings (206)||Need Sponsor|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|