Date of Birth: 1964
Family: Wife: Mase and one son. 13 yr old Efendy (b.2001) is in middle school.
Location: Tinco, Citta, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1.7 hectare in two locations.
- The main farm is 0.7 ha is on slopping land with fertile soil. The other farm, 1 hectare, is in similar condition as the main farm.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2009.
- The farm is shaded with Mango, Teak and Banana trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- The Cocoa trees are provided with low levels of fertilizer as funds permit.
- Only basic farm practices are applied which require improvement.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices and good soil management is needed on this farm.
- There are approximately 108 dead trees on the main farm which require replacing. This is 20.85% of the farm.
- Total harvest per year = +/-200 kg (est. 286kg per/ha).
Photo of Kacong and his wife Mase.
- The cocoa farm was passed onto Kacong from his parents. Kacong side grafted some of his trees in 2009.
- Mase is active in the cocoa farm particular with farm sanitation, harvest and post harvest practices. Masse also manages the family home and all the finances.
Photo of Kacong & Mase's family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (108 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|