Date of Birth: 1970
Family: Wife: Marsiah and two children. Their eldest son 20 yr old Inur (b.1994) is attending university and their younger son 5 yr old Ita (b.2009) is preparing to start primary / elementary school.
Location: Tinco, Citta, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1.0 hectare in one location with sloping land and fertile soil.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2010.
- Shade is provided with coconut, mango and gliricidia trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Low levels of fertilizer are applied as funds become available.
- Only basic farm practices are applied which require improvement.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices and good soil management is needed on this farm.
- There are a small number of trees, 53 trees, which are dead and require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-300 kg per year from the 1 hectare farm.
Photo of Jumardin and his wife Marsiah.
- The cocoa farm was passed onto Jumardin from his parents.
- Marsiah is active in the cocoa farm particular with farm sanitation, harvest and post harvest practices. Marsiah also manages the family home and all the family finances.
Photo of A Muhiddin & Marsiah's family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (53 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|