Farmer Jufri S
Date of Birth: 1969
Family: Wife: Masri and four children. 25 yr old son Jamaluddin (b.1989) is attending university, 22 yr old daughter Yusmiati and 18 yr old daughter Ayu Asmira have both finished highschool and 15 yr old daughter is in middle school.
Location: Libureng, Mario Riwawo, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1.5 hectares in two locations.
- The main farm is 0.9 hectares and has sloping land with rocky soil.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and was side grafted in 2011.
- Shade is provided by gliricidia and coconut trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Low levels of fertilizer are applied as funds become available however Jufri S. does seem to have a basic understanding of the need to fertilize.
- Only basic farm practices are applied which require improvement.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices and good soil management is needed.
- There are are 112 dead trees (15.66%) on the main farm that require replacing. 29 trees are non productive and need rehabilitation.
- The second farm, 0.6 hectares is not in good condition and needs complete rehabilitation.
- Total harvest per year = +/-400 kg (est. 444kg per/ha).
Photo of Jufri S.and his wife Masri.
- Jufri purchased the farm himself and in an attempt to improve productivity he side grafted some of his trees in 2011.
- Masri is active on the farm particularly with harvesting, post harvest processing and farm sanitation work. Masri also manages the family home and all the family finances.
- Jufri and Masri's son in law also helps to manage the family farm.
Photo of Jufri S. & Masri's family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (112 +/-)||Waiting|
|Budwood (29 +/-)|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|