Farmer H Tahiruddin
Date of Birth: 1960
Family: Wife: Hj. Normi and three children. Their eldest daighter 33 yr old daughter Eni Haryuni (b.1981) and their son 25 yr old Feri wahyudi (b.1989) have both finishes school. Their youngest daughter 14 yr old Indri Rahmadan (b.2000) is in middle school.
Location: Lonrong, Liliriaja, South Sulawesi
- Area: 2.5 hectares in two location. The main farm, 0.5 hectares, is sloping land with fertile soil.
- The farm is shaded with coconut trees.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2010.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Very low levels of fertilizer are applied as funds become available.
- Only basic farm practices are applied.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices and good soil management is needed on this farm.
- There are approximately 60 dead trees on the farm (15%) that require replacing.
- The second farm, 2 hectares, is not in good condition and requires full rehabilitation.
- Total harvest per year = +/-150 kg (est. 300 kg per/ha).
Photo of H. Tahiruddin and his wife Hj. Normi.
- H. Tahiruddin purchased the farm himself which he side grafted 4 years ago (2010).
- Hj. Normi is active on the farm particularly with harvesting, post harvest processing and farm sanitation work. Hj. Normi also manages the family home and makes all financial arrangements.
Photo of H. Tahiruddin & Hj. Normi's family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (60 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Hj. Normi's Needs:|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|