Farmer H Sinardin
Date of Birth: 1979
Family: Wife: Susianti and one son, 2 yr old Fitra Ramadan (b.2012).
Location: Tinco, Citta, South Sulawesi
- Area: 0.5 hectares in one location that is on sloping land with fertile soil.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2009.
- Shade is provided with coconut and teak trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Very low levels of fertilizer are applied as funds become available.
- Only basic farm practices are applied which require improvement.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices and good soil management is needed on this farm.
- There are approximately 77 dead trees (11%) which require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-200 kg per year (est. 400kg per/ha).
Photo of H. Sinardin and his wife Susianti.
- The cocoa farm was passed onto H. Sinardin from his parents. Sinardin side grafted some of his trees in 2009.
- Susianti is active in the cocoa farm particular with farm sanitation, harvest and post harvest practices. Susianti also manages the family home and all the family finances.
Photo of H. Sinardin & Susianti's family home.
|H. Sinardin's Needs:|
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (77 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|