Date of Birth: 1977
Family: Wife: Kamasse, and one son, Fitran (8yrs) in primary school
Location: Lamuru, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1.0 hectare in two plots of 0.5 ha each of flat land with good soil.
- The cocoa is planted in a 3.5M x 3.5M pattern and one plot of 0.5 ha was side grafted in 2009.The other plot remains unmanaged.
- Shade is provided with gliricidia.
Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the biggest pest and disease issues.
- Very basic farm practices applied and one plot receives very small amounts of fertilizer as funds allow.
- The farm requires consistent application of GAP and better soil management.
- There are about 110 dead trees that require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-400 kg.
- Firman and Kamasse hope to achieve 1 tonne harvest from their farm.
Photo of Firman and his wife Kamasse.
- The farm was given to Firman by his parents, and they continue to live in the family home.
- Kamasse is very involved with all activities on the farm, including pruning, sanitation work, harvesting and post harvest processing.
Photo of Firman and Kamasse’s family home.
|In field training||Completed|
|In class training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal safety equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (110 +/-)||Waiting|
|Financial Mgmt training||Waiting|