Farmer H. Budi
Date of Birth: 1964
Family: Wife: Hj.Hasnawati. Children: Three daughters - Wawan Sahrul, 27 years old and Sofyianingsi sari, 24 years old both have finished school, Nurulmukarrama, 15 years old in junior high school. One son Ramdatulhijrah 12 years old in primary school.
Location: Morioriwawo, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1.6 hectares in two plots. 0.6 ha and 1 ha.
- The 0.6ha farm is on a slope with fertile soil and the trees are planted in a 3M x 3M pattern.
- The farm was sidegrafted 4 years ago but there are a number of trees that require replacing.
- The farm requires shaded with gliricidia.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Only basic farm practices applied.
- About 15% of the trees are dead trees and require replacing.
- The farm needs consistent application of GAP and good soil management to achieve optimum productivity.
- Total harvest per year = +/- 300kg from the 0.6 hectare farm (est. 500kg/ha).
- The cocoa farm was passed onto H. Budi by his parents.
- Hasnawati helps in the farms, particularly at harvest time, in addition to managing the family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (+/- 100)||Waiting|
|Shade (+/- 100)||Waiting|
|Waiting For Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|