Date of Birth: 1946
Family: Wife: Deceased. Children: Muh Akip 46 year old male, Sunachi 42 year old male, Yusri 41 year old male.
Location: Morioriwawo, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 0.8 Hectares in one plot.
- The farm is on on flat land with fertile soil.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3 M x 3 M pattern and the trees were side grafted 7 years ago.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Only basic farm practices applied.
- There are a number of trees that are dead and need replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/- 500kg from the 0.8ha farm (est. 625 kg/ha).
Photo of Basri with his nephew Yusri who helps work the cocoa farm.
- The cocoa farm was passed to Basri by his family.
- Basri's wife is deceased and is survived by 3 sons.
- Basri's nephew Yusri helps work the farm and will also attend training sessions in order to mange the farm with Basri in a sustainable way.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|