Date of Birth: 1952
Family: Wife: Hadi, with two sons, Sudirman (46yrs), who has his own cocoa farm nearby and Usman (30 yrs) who helps his father in the cocoa farm
Location: Kandange, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1.0 Ha in total in two locations. 0.6 ha in a flat location with good soil ands another plot of 0.4 ha about 1 km away not looked after.
- Cocoa is planted on a 4Mx4M pattern, and was side grafted in 2011.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the biggest pest and disease issues.
- Very basic farm practices applied.
- Consistent application of GAP required together with appropriate soil management.
- There are approximately 90 cocoa trees that require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-500 kg from the 0.6 ha farm (est. 735kg/ha)
- Barata hopes to achieve 1 tonne production from his farm.
Photo of Barata and his wife Hadi
- Barata took over the farm from his parents and side grafted the cocoa in 2011.
- Ibu Hadi helps in the farm with the harvesting, sanitation and post harvest work.
Photo of Barata and Hadi's family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (90 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|