Date of Birth: 1969
Family: Wife: Rosmini and four children. Their three eldest children, 23 yr old daughter Hasriani (b.1991), 20 yr old son Wayudi (b.1994)and 18 yr old son Agusmawar (b.1996) have all finished school. Their youngest, 12 year old son Sulfiandi (b.2002) is in primary / elementary school.
Location: Tinco, Citta, South Sulawesi
- Area: 0.5 hectares in one locations that has flat land with fertile soil.
- The farm is shaded with coconut, mango and cashew trees.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2009.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- The trees are giving very low levels of fertilizer as funds allow.
- Only basic farm practices applied, farm practices require improvement.
The farm needs consistent application of GAP and good soil management for optimum productivity.
- There are approximately 182 dead cocoa trees which need replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-200 kg (est. 400 kg per/ha).
Photo of Baba and his wife Rosmini.
- The cocoa farm was passed onto Baba by his parents.
- Rosmini is active on the farm particularly with harvesting, post harvest processing (bean drying) and farm sanitation work. Rosmini also manages the family home and all the family finances.
- Baba has the potential to be a successful cocoa farmer but requires training and some initial support to get him going.
Photo of Baba & Rosmini's family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (180 +/-)||Waiting|
|Budwood (61 (+/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|