Farmer Asaf M.
Name: Asaf M.
Date of Birth: 1962
Family: Wife: Hasnah and two sons, Anwar (31 yrs) and Ilyas (16 yrs)
Location: Lamuru, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 0.75 Hectare on flat land with good soil.
- The cocoa is planted in a 3M x 3M pattern under coconut tree shade.
- The cocoa trees were side grafted in 2009.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease problems.
- Very basic farm practices applied with minimal fertilizer as funds allow.
- Only very basic training.
- Require GAP training and improved soil management.
- The farm requires approximately 40 trees side grafted and 75 dead trees replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-300 kg (est. 611 kg/ha).
- Asaf and Hasnah hope to achieve 1.5 tonne from their 0.75 ha farm.
Photo of Asaf and his wife Hasnah
- Asaf took over the farm from his parents, planted cocoa some 15 years ago and side grafted the old trees in 2009 with help from the local farmer group.
- Hasnah helps in the farm particularly for the harvesting and sanitation work.
Photo of Asaf and Hasnah's house.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (75 +/-)||Need Sponsor|
|Budwood (40)||Need Sponsor|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|