Date of Birth: 1981
Family: Wife: Yuliani with one son, Yusril (12 yrs) in primary school
Location: Lilirialu, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 0.85 ha in total in two nearby locations. Both 0.35 ha and 0.5ha plots are on flat land with good soil.
- The cocoa is planted in a 3m x 3m pattern and was side grafted in 2010.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod and the main pest and disease issues.
- Very basic farm management practices applied.
- Cocoa trees that were side grafted 3.5 years ago are provided very limited fertilizer as funds permit.
- Needs consistent application of GAP and good soil management.
- Approximately 33 cocoa trees are dead and require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-250 kg from the 0.35ha farm (est. 715kg/ha).
- Aris and Yuliani hope to achieve 1.5 tons from their cocoa farms.
Photo of Aris's & his wife Yuliani
- Aris bought the farm and side grafted the cocoa trees in 2010.
- Yuliani is very involved with all activities on the farm, including pruning, sanitation work, harvesting and post harvest processing.
Photo of Aris and Yuliani’s family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (33 +/-)||Waiting|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman's Pack||Click Here|