Date of Birth: 1969
Family: Wife: Sania. Two Sons, Arianto (31) and Irwan (26) and two daughters Nurmila Santi (27) and Erika Susanti (27) all who have finished school.
Location: Liliriaja, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1.5 Ha in two plots. 0.50 ha and 1.0 ha.
- The 0.5 ha farm is on a sloping land with rocky soil and the trees are planted on a 3m x3m pattern.The 1.0 ha farm is in a similar condition.
- 80 trees were side grafted 4 years ago and there are about 5% trees that need replacing.
- The farm is shaded with Gliricidia, Coconut and Mango.
- Cocoa pod borer, black pod and VSD are main pest and disease issues.
- Only basic farm practices applied and limited understand of good agricultural practices.
- A small number of trees are dead and need replacing. Approximately 25 trees.
- The farm needs consistent application of GAP and good soil management to achieve optimum productivity.
- Total harvest per year = +/- 400kg from the 0.5 hectare farm (est. 800kg/ha).
Photo of Aripe and his wife Sania at their home.
- The cocoa farm was passed on by Aripe's parents.
- Rukia is active on the farm particularly with harvesting, sanitation and drying.
- Aripe and Sania's eldest children also help them manage and work the family farm.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Waiting For Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|