Date of Birth: 1984
Family: Ariadi is not yet married.
Location: Jennae, Liliriaja, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1 hectare in a single farm with sloping land and fertile soil.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2010.
- The farm is shaded with coconut and gliricidia trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the biggest pest and disease issues.
- Very low levels of fertilizer are applied as funds allow.
- Only very basic farm practices are applied.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices is required along with good soil management for optimum productivity.
- There are a large number of dead trees on this farm. 308 trees needs replacing which is approximately 31.24% of the farm.
- A small number of trees (25 trees) are not productive and require rehabilitation.
- Total harvest per year = +/-150 kg per hectare.
- Farm productivity can be greatly increased through the application of GAP & good soil management along combined with a tree replacement program.
Photo of Ariadi and his sister.
- The farm was owned by Ariadi's parent who passed the farm onto him to manage. He side grafted about 270 of of his trees in 2010.
- Ariadi's sister helps him in the farm with harvesting and post harvesting work.
Photo of Ariadi's family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (308 +/-)||Waiting|
|Budwood (25 +/-)||Waiting|