Date of Birth: 1964
Family: Wife; HJ Nurbaya. Children; Nurafni 16 year old girl in senior high school (SMA
Location: District: Marioriwawo, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 2.3 Hectare total area in three locations, 0.5ha in flat location with good soil and two other locations of 0.8ha and 1.0 ha in more remote locations with poorer, rocky soil.
- Cocoa trees are planted in a 3m x 3m pattern and the 0.5ha plot was side grafted in 2009.
- Shade trees include coconut and gliricidia.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are evident in all locations.
- Farm practices, GAP, require improvement.
- More remote locations require significant cocoa tree rehabilitation and soil remediation.
- General level of training remains low.
- There are approximately 57 dead cocoa trees that require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/- 300 kg from the 0.5 hectare farm (est. 600kg/ha).
Photo of Anis and his wife Nurbaya.
- Anis planted cocoa on family land 12 years ago (+/- 2001) and bought this smaller farm himself and side grafted the cocoa trees four years ago.
- Anis has the potential to be a successful cocoa farmer but requires training and some initial support to get him going.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Hj Nurbaya's needs:|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman's Pack||Click Here|