Date of Birth: 1968
Family: Wife: Darmi, Febi 5 year old girl (born 2010), not yet in school
Location: Lamuru, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1.5 hectare in two plots (1.0 ha being farmed and 0.5ha alongside not being farmed), flat location with good soil.
- Cocoa is planted in a 3M x 3M pattern and the 1 ha plot was side grafted in 2009.
- Shade trees include coconut and gliricidia.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod and the biggest pest and disease issues.
- Very basic farm practices applied to the 1 ha plot while the 0.5 ha plot is left un-worked due to lack of funds for the necessary rehabilitation.
- Cocoa trees that were side grafted 3.5 years ago are provided very limited fertilizer as funds permit.
- Needs consistent application of GAP and good soil management.
- There are approximately 115 dead trees that require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-400kg per year from the 0.5 ha farm. (est. 800 kg /ha).
- Amri hopes to achieve 2 tonne per year.
Photo of Amri, his wife Darmi and their daughter Febi.
- Amri's father started the farm and passed it onto Amri.
- Darmi is very involved with all activities on the farm, including pruning, sanitation work, harvesting and post harvest processing in addition to managing the family home.
Photo of Amri and his wife Darmi with their daughter Febi in their family farm.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
Seedlings (115 +/-)
|Waiting for Sponsorship||
|Financial Mgmt Training||
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|