Date of Birth: 1987
Family: Wife: Kashari and one son, 2 yr old Aksanul Haq (b.2012) who is not yet in school.
Location: Empenge, Mario Riwawo, South Sulawesi
- Area: 0.8 hectares in one location with flat land and fertile soil.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and the cocoa trees were side grafted in 2011.
- Shade is provided by coconut trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Moderate levels of fertilizer are applied as funds become available. Aminur does seem to have a basic understanding of the need to fertilize.
- Basic farm practices applied. Farm practices require improvement
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices and good soil management is needed on this farm.
- There are approximately 76 (10.66%) dead trees which require replacing and 12 trees that are not productive and need side grafting.
- Total harvest per year = +/-250 kg (est. 313kg per/ha).
Photo of Aminur and his wife Kashari.
- The cocoa farm was passed onto Aminur from his parents. Aminur has side grafted some of his farm in an effort to improve productivity.
- Kashari is very active on the farm particularly with harvesting, post harvest processing and farm sanitation activities. Kashari also manages the family home, cares for their young son and manages the family finances.
- Aminur has the potential to be a successful cocoa farmer but requires training and some initial support to get him going.
Photo of Aminur & Kashari's family home.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (76 +/-)||Waiting|
|Budwood (12 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|