Farmer Alimuddin H.
Date of Birth: Unknown, but around 1962
Family: Wife: Hj Nurung, two grown up daughters, Rasmini (33 yrs), Sri Merlianti (21 yrs) both who have finished high school.
Location: Lilirialu, Soppeng, South Sulawesi
- Area: 3.0 Ha in total in two locations. Both the 0.75 ha and 2.25 ha plots are 0n inclined situations with good soil.
- Cocoa trees are planted in a 3 M x 3M pattern and side grafted in 2011 and shade is provided by coconut trees.
- Black pod and Cocoa pod borer are evident.
- Very basic farm practices applied.
- Cocoa trees are in reasonable condition requiring good agricultural practices.
- Only very basic training.
- Approximately 200 trees are dead and require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-300 kg (est. 400kg/ha).
- Alimuddin hopes to achieve 1 tonne production from his farm.
- Alimuddin bought the farm himself and side grafted the cocoa trees in 2011.
- Nurung is also very active in the farm particularly at harvest time and when farm sanitation actives are being performed.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (200 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Hj Nurung's Needs:|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman's Pack||Click Here|