Date of Birth: 1980
Family: Wife; Ibu Asniah. Children; Adella 7 year old girl in primary school. Ahpabil 1.5 year old boy not yet in school.
Location: Bunne, Village: Goarie, District: Marioriwawo
- Area: 3 Hectare in three separate locations
- Pest & disease infestations, including Cocoa Pod Borer and VSD.
- Farm practices require improvement.
- Shade trees are insufficient and layout of cocoa planting is irregular.
- The trees are old and from common, low productivity hybrid cocoa.
- Only very basic training.
- Nursery is very basic and not producing high quality material.
- Nursery uses common non-UV plastic for roofing.
- Harvest 50 kg per hectare once per month during harvest season.
- Total harvest per year = +/-300 kg /ha.
- Agusman hopes to achieve 2 ton / hectare in 3 years time.
Photo of Agusman with his mother and father
- Agusman's father started the business in 1970.
- Up until 1990, production was +/- 600 kg per month. Double the current productivity.
- In year 2000, half of the trees were replaced using seedlings from common seed.
Photo of Agusman's house
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Plastic for side grafting||Completed|
|Oil & Petrol||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (200 +/-)||Completed|