Farmer Abd Wahid
Date of Birth: 1964
Family: Wife: Rohani and two children. Their son, 21 yr old Tamrin (b.1993) and their 20 yr old daughter Anna Lestari (b.1994) have both finished school. Anna Lestari is married and her husband helps manage the farm.
Location: Tetti Kenrarae, Marioriwawo, South Sulawesi
- Area: 0.65 hectare in one location that is on sloping land with fertile soil.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2010.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Very low levels of fertilizer are applied depending on funds available.
- There are no shade trees for the cocoa and only very basic farm practices are applied.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices and good soil management is needed on this farm.
- There are approximately 120 dead trees on the main farm which require replacing. This is 20.27% of the farm.
- Total harvest per year = +/-150 kg (est. 231kg per/ha).
Photo of Abd Wahid and his wife Rohani.
- Abd Wahid inherited this farm from his parents. He side grafted some of his trees (as funds allowed) in 2010.
- Rohani is active in the cocoa farm particular with harvest and post harvest practices. Rohani also manages the family home and all family finances.
- Abd Wahid and Rohani's son-in-law also helps manage the family farm with with all farm activities.
Photo of Abd Wahid & Rohani's family home.
|Abd Wahid's Needs:|
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (120 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|