Farmer Abd Tjodda
Date of Birth: 1963
Family: Wife: Hj.Nurlina and two sons. Their eldest son, 19 yr old M.Yusuf Abdullah (b.1995) is attending university and their 12 yr old son Anriansah (b.2002) is in primary school.
Location: Lonrong, Liliriaja, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1.75 hectare in two plots.
- The main farm is 0.75ha is generally flat land, some parts sloping, and rocky soil. The 1 hectare farm is not in good condition and requires overhauling.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 4m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2009.
- The farm is shaded with coconut and banana trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Low levels of fertilizer are applied. Tjodda has a basic understanding on the need for fertilizing and applies what he can with the funds available.
- Only basic farm practices are applied.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices and good soil management is needed for optimum productivity.
- There are 142 dead trees on the main farm which require replacing. This is 23.24% of the farm.
- Total harvest per year = +/-200 kg (est. 267 per/ha).
Photo of Tjodda and his wife Nurlina.
- Tjodda purchased the farm himself many years ago and he side grafted some of his trees (as funds allowed) in 2009 in an effort to increase productivity.
- Nurlina is active in the cocoa farm particularly during the harvest period when the beans are removed from pods, dried and sold. In addition Nurlina manages the family home.
Photo of Ilham & Nurlina's house.
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (142 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|