Farmer A Muhiddin
Date of Birth: 1978
Family: Wife: A. Edda and two children. Their son 13 yr old A. Fikram (b.2001) is attending elementary school and their daughter 2 yr old Reski (b.2012) is not yet in school.
Location: Tinco, Citta, South Sulawesi
- Area: 1.4 hectare in two locations.
- The main farm is 0.5 ha and is on slopping land with fertile soil. The other farm, 0.9 hectare, is in similar condition as the main farm.
- The cocoa is planted on a 3m x 3m pattern and some of the cocoa trees was side grafted in 2011.
- Shade is provided with gliricidia, mango and cashew trees.
- Cocoa pod borer and black pod are the main pest and disease issues.
- Low levels of fertilizer are applied as funds become available.
- Only basic farm practices are applied which require improvement.
- Consistent application of good agricultural practices and good soil management is needed on this farm.
- There are approximately 120 dead trees (24%) on the main farm which require replacing.
- Total harvest per year = +/-200 kg per year from the main farm (est. 400kg per/ha)
Photo of A Muhiddin and his wife A. Edda.
- The cocoa farm was passed onto A Muhiddin from his parents. Taming side grafted some of his trees in 2011.
- A. Edda is active in the cocoa farm particular with farm sanitation, harvest and post harvest practices. A. Edda also manages the family home and all the family finances.
Photo of A Muhiddin & A. Edda's family home.
|A Muhiddin's Needs:|
|In Field Training||Completed|
|In Class Training||Completed|
|Tall pruning tool / pole||Completed|
|Personal Safety Equipment||Completed|
|Pest Management Materials||In Progress|
|Seedlings (129 +/-)||Waiting|
|Waiting for Sponsorship|
|A. Edda's Needs:|
|Financial Mgmt Training||Waiting|
|Sponsor a Woman’s Pack||Click Here|